This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE1 Russian Twist Form Check

Started by HB_Ron, February 18, 2015 · 5 Replies · 390 Views

HB_Ron

I'm aware I wasn't moving smoothly - I always have that annoying coordination problem on the first reps while trying a new exercise.. Except for that, is there anything else to fix? And, is it allowed to use the shoulders to let the plate touch the floor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBQtWVAJSZ8&feature=youtu.be

William Str

Focus on keeping your back straight and turning the torso and head equally. I have to look at my own video now :) just my five cents...

HB_Ron

Yea I noticed that my back wasn't flat.. I guess I shouldn't have uploaded it cause I already had the feeling it had not been done right.

But, here's a better attempt:

 

I'd be happy to hear another feedback :)

Thanks!

chuchodani

Much better, I just think that sometimes you hold the weight a little bit higher, I mean, above from the shoulder level. In the example video of the course it's looks pretty much like in the middle of the movement Orench keeps the weight under the shoulders or just in line but never higher. Good work !

Alexander Egebak

LOL, I did these without having feet on the floor! No wonder they are so hard

HB_Ron
 

 

Alexander Egebak said:

LOL, I did these without having feet on the floor! No wonder they are so hard

 

Try to keep only the heel bone on the floor like Orench showed on the demo video. I think I'll move on to the next PE really soon-I successfully did 5 sets of 10 reps each side today :)