Straddle L questions

Started by Erik Sjolin, July 29, 2009 · 3 Replies · 1,728 Views

Erik Sjolin

I had a couple of questions about this particular skill. I built myself a set of parallets, and for the L sit (of which I have a fairly decent amount of strength), all I think I need to do is keep my arms by my sides (but not touching). For the straddle L, how far apart should the bars be? Also, I'm having a bit of difficulty lifting my legs up high enough to be able to progress to the next variation. Will this strength come along with practice, or are there some other exercises which need to be performed alongside? Or is it a matter of flexibility?

Thanks everyone, any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Erik

braindx

Straddle L is same width as you would normally use.

You need flexibility and active flexibility... so you need to stretch out the hammies and such as well as work the skill. Try following the progression in the book.

Erik Sjolin

Alright, so I suppose a side split would probably be a good skill to develop with the straddle, right?

braindx
Erik said:
Alright, so I suppose a side split would probably be a good skill to develop with the straddle, right?

ALl of the splits