This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

new SL PE1 form check please

Started by LateStarter@46, February 18, 2015 · 6 Replies · 291 Views

LateStarter@46

Hi, this is my fifth set and I am wondering if I can 'proclaim' mastery? Any advice most welcome. Thank you.

 

john_c

Looks pretty good to me.

piotro

That moment when one can say, SL/PE1 mastered ;).

You could probably do it bit faster as well.

Your feet are not "locked" on stall bars/similar?

Also extra point for embedding foot mobility when getting up ;).

LateStarter@46

Thanks guys :-) The feet weren't fixed and I'm glad you noticed the twisting squat, I always use them to get up with. In time it'll be a deck squat ;-)

Rayne-William

Going off of the course video:

 

When rotating your upper torso to right you can let yours lower as left arm passes your right leg and similar for rotating your torso to the left(Right arm lowers after passing the left leg)

 

You need more weight: 5lb (about 2.3kg) for mastery 

LateStarter@46

Thanks for that Rayne-William. So I need to make more of a hill shape with the arms. I was using 2kg, but will bump it up as the weeks go on.

Rayne-William
LateStarter@46 said:

Thanks for that Rayne-William. So I need to make more of a hill shape with the arms. I was using 2kg, but will bump it up as the weeks go on.

Yes, watch the course video closely. 

 

As your obliques become stronger you will notice you can increase or slow down the rotional momentum with your obliques.

 

Gymnasts power through several twists in a row because they know how to use the torque their core can generate.