This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progress Report

Started by Scott Rosen, February 18, 2015 · 1 Replies · 323 Views

Scott Rosen

Hi all,

I've been training foundation since January 2014 and have a few questions/form checks that I kindly ask for some feedback on. Thank you in advance.

Side Lever: Currently on SL/SE2 and am not sure where my hands should be. I have attached two videos one with wider grip and one with a normal grip

Manna: Currently on MN/SE11. Should we be attempting to retract the scapula in this position? I know in the final manna progression the description says to aim to retract, but it feels more natural to protract the scapula in this specific progression.

Single Leg Squat: Completed all progressions. What next?

Hallow Back Press: Have been on HBP/PE17 for quite some time. I have the strength to push up but feel i loose balance at the top when trying to reach full extension and tend to fall chest down.

Wrist strength: I have completed all progressions but still have wrist pain. Is there any further pre/rehab I can do?

Scapula pain: I've been suffering with scapula pain for quite some time (even before I started GBT). Located on right side with some winging. Will the program help to iron out the issue as I continue to progress or should I see someone?I have already seen a physical therapist and chiropractor using Active Release Therapy. Neither seems to help too much.

I look forward to hearing your feedback. Thank you again!

Sincerely.

Scott Rosen

Coach Sommer

SL/SE2 - width of the grip is unimportant, your ability to control the twisting of your torso is essential. Thus choose the width of grip that allows you this control.

MN/SE11 - partially retracted

Pain is never good. I would recommend seeking out a good ART practitioner.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer