Muscle Ups on a Bar

Started by suzaku, March 8, 2008 · 1 Replies · 2,408 Views

suzaku

Not sure if this is in the right place, apologies if it isn't

I can do around 6 muscle ups on rings pretty easily since I last tried them (about 4-5 months ago) I've gotten a lot stronger since then, just haven't had the opportunity to be around rings and I would still like to work my muscle ups but for the life of me can't do a clean one on a bar.

When I try I get stuck in the transition period for a couple seconds and if I'm lucky can get my wrists over and finish in the support position, usually puts a great deal of stress on my elbows though.

any tips?

kbryk

When my friends saw me do a muscle up on a bar, they said like looked like a weird Clean movement, so really you start off dead hang on the bar, palms facing away, now you slowly pull up, now when your arms hit around 90 degrees you explore and try kind of jerking up with your wrists and I guess shrug and throw your body forward. Bar muscle ups have a lot to do with wrist strength, and it helps a lot it makes the movement easier, work some false grip pull ups, and some weighted pull ups to help with explosion.

This was the cleanest example I could find, although he is kipping a bit he still keeps good form, you can see once he breaks that 90 degree mark he throws his wrists up, if you don't get your wrists up you won't be able to catch yourself up there and you will just fall.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/pla ... 1293045518