This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Anyone have a video of them testing a mastery successfully?

Started by KrisGreen14, February 17, 2015 · 2 Replies · 259 Views

KrisGreen14

I'm interested in seeing some videos of people testing and completing mastery in an exercise. I've only found a few on youtube but in their video they cut away between sets so you don't know how long they are resting.

 

Does anyone have a straight through video testing and masterying prereq. exercises?

 

I went from doing RC/PE6 5x36 seconds (chin over bar hold) with 2 min rest, to retesting RC/PE1 with NO rest, only long enough to do the integrated mobility and couldn't get passed 2 sets. This holds true for all elements except HBP/PE1, I was able to test out of that with only enough rest to do the arm swings. I'd be very impressed to watch someone complete 5x60 seconds chin over the bar with 15-20 seconds rest between sets for the integrated mobility.

 

I can peform a handful of strict muscleups on rings, but can't test out of RC/PE1 with no rest. Seems off?

I was humbled today.....

Luzian

Same here, I'm stuck with RC/PE1 for half a year now while everything else is progressing (very slowly, but progressing).

Chris Garay

Hi Kris,

Your body will specifically adapt to the demands you impose upon it. With the RC progressions, that might mean that if you are training PE6, you might lose some specific adaptations to PE1. Now if you truly mastered the previous progressions, then the loss should be minimal. You can further prevent this by keeping a single high-rep set of earlier progressions in your warmup.

That said, be reasonable in your expectations for how long to rest in between sets. Certainly the amount of rest in between 3x12s will be shorter than 5x60s. Consider that you can increase your work capacity in several different ways:

- increase sets

- increase reps (or secs)

- decrease rest

- improve quality

- decrease perceived exertion

Those last two are often overlooked in my opinion. Hope this helps! Sorry I don't have a video.

Best,

Chris