This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

starting foundation today

Started by prozach, February 16, 2015 · 3 Replies · 197 Views

prozach

Trying to navigate how to begin. I read the testing for mastery sticky but still a little unclear.

Though im just starting foundation I've been doing some acrobatic strength training for a while now and I think I'm close to mastery on many of the elements in F1. Should I start from the beginning and test each exercise to make sure there are no weak links or can I just jump to the end? Also, if I find I am able to demonstrate mastery of all the elements in short notice will I be able to trade up for foundation 2? Thanks in advance

chuchodani

1- Always start from the beginning, some strength and mobility elements looks easy but they aren't.

2- Foundation comes with a 30 day money back guarantee.

Sensei JP

Every workout, try to do the mastery standard for each exercise.  If you can the sets and reps AND have no issues with iM, next workout you can try the next progression.  Keep doing this until you can't.  From there, decide how close you were to mastery.  Were you close but just missed?  Start around the Week 9 suggested reps.  Not close, or was form an issue?  Then start at Week 1 or Week 5, respectivel

 

Keep in mind that Foundation is about shoring up weaknesses, not (necessarily) demonstrating our strengths.  For example, I can do 3x8 ring dips, but I was stuck on HBP PE/3 (Pseudo Planche Push ups) for nearly six months.  My dip strength did not help with these advanced pushups (more specifically, my wrists weren't able to support me at the required lean, something that took time to build up).  Last week I finally mastered this element, and I can say that my dips have improved throughout that time, even though I wasn't actively training them.

 

Another example, I can do a SLS if given a counterweight, even just 10lbs, but I am struggling at the beginning of the SLS progressions.  I am strong, but I also have weaknesses and imbalances.  Going through foundation will get rid of those weaknesses and just leave me strong.

 

I'm not sure if you can 'trade' the course in for the next one, though of course it does have a 30 day refund attached to it.  Coach or a mod will have to answer that.

prozach

Thanks for your help I'll start from the the beginning and see how I fare