If the primary goal is to build ring strength in all directions. Is it necessary to do any sort of floor HS work? I heard that it doesn't carryover to the rings which is an entirely different skill.
Ring Work & the Floor HS
Started by xagunos, February 15, 2015 · 5 Replies · 2,560 Views
xagunos said:If the primary goal is to build ring strength in all directions. Is it necessary to do any sort of floor HS work? I heard that it doesn't carryover to the rings which is an entirely different skill.
Who said that?
Zach Armijo said:I have no words....
alex87 said:Who said that?
https://www.facebook.com/portal.ido/posts/507207749297859
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/7444-rings-handstand-and-unstable-surface/
xagunos said:... I heard that it doesn't carryover to the rings which is an entirely different skill ...
This is beyond foolish and uniformed. Similar to maintaining that not learning to walk will have no impact on being able to run later. ![]()
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach Sommer said:This is beyond foolish and uniformed. Similar to maintaining that not learning to walk will have no impact on being able to run later.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Does the balance or strength carryover or both?
If you can't do a handstand on the floor, you won't be able to do one the rings. if you can't do a press on the floor, you won't be able to press on the rings or do a planche on the rings.