This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE2 & iM form check / suggestions?

Started by jshaw, February 14, 2015 · 1 Replies · 99 Views

jshaw

I felt like I was getting close to mastery on HS PE2, so I took some video.  I think I'm a bit further away than I thought I was.  On PE2, I notice that my torso is completely upright and I'm hinging at the hips to balance, compared to athlete in the video who is straight from head to toe and has a slight lean for balance.  I don't feel like I'm hinging my hips though.  Any tips on how to correct this?

 

On PE2 iM, I'm getting pretty close to elevating the bar level with my shoulders, but I need to work on keeping my upper back flat and my head up.

 

TANSTAAFL

For the PE I would do it in front of a wall and video/or get someone to watch you so you can get a feel for when you are straight. Then you don't have to worry about falling over and can think about how it feels when you are in line.

 

For the iM, the standard would bring your hands out until you can reach mastery ROM then move them in very slowly over several microcycles until you are at shoulder width.