This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE1 Experience- Stay the course!

Started by Mark Carter, February 11, 2015 · 0 Replies · 195 Views

Mark Carter

I started Foundations and Handstand a couple months ago, was too inconsistent during holidays, then started back up  at the beginning of the year.  Just "mastered" HS/PE1 and accompanying wrist work.  Thought I'd summarize my experience in case it helps others:

 

First couple of weeks:  Felt way too easy.  Thought about jumping ahead.

 

Next couple of weeks:  OK, I can feel this in my wrists now.  And a little bit in my shoulders.

 

Next couple of weeks:  I get it now.  I've never felt fatigue in the wrists before.  And there's no way I'll be able to do 5 X 60 sec. holds in HS/PE1.

 

This morning, after nailing the "mastery":  That wasn't so bad.  Thought I would struggle more.

 

Moral of the story:  You have to trust the process.  The slow progressions work if you stay the course!

 

Now, my RC/PE1 did not work out so well, so I'm having to back off a bit and go through some progressions again.....