So I just started MN/PE6 and it is crushing me. I passed MN/PE5 really easily and with good control, but I feel like I don't have the lat strength to handle this level. Does anyone have suggestions as to what I should be doing to bring this along? Left arm seems to be able to handle it but the right elbow keeps wanting to bend to support the position. It seems like all the other MN's before this helped develop the hinge strength, but nothing prepared the arms to handle that engagement. Anyways...thoughts are appreciated.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
MN/PE6 is demolishing me
Started by Shane Farmer, February 10, 2015 · 4 Replies · 298 Views
It seems to be pretty common to struggle from PE5 to PE6, and this has been my experience too as I've fighting this one for a few months now. My thoughts:
1. For PE5>iM and PE6>iM, really focus on using the lats to pull into the top position. I (incorrectly) thought of these as just an interesting pike stretch...but recently realized this pull is moving through a Front Lever position...and should be beneficial to getting into the compressed position of the leg lift.
2. I removed 2 rungs off my stall bars so my head isn't banging into them. That instantly gave me the range of motion to get into the top position.
3. Stretch your pike before starting your first set.
4. Don't worry about getting full ROM or full 10s negatives right away. Run through the first month template trying to get as close to the bar as possible and descending at a controlled pace. Keep repeating this cycle until you can get toes to bar. Then start with the full ROM full 10s progression.
Thanks Jeremy. What would you suggest I do to stretch my pike?
All the MN IMs are good for stretching pike.
It could also be that you have closed shoulders problems (meaning tight lats/shoulders), this was my problem. It hurted every time, but now as my shoulders are almost completely open I can do the exercise without any struggle (shoulder wise).