L-sit and bent arm straddle hold

Started by Maugister, February 9, 2015 · 2 Replies · 1,233 Views

Maugister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zz63oJVmlc&feature=youtu.be

 

L-sit is starting to feel quite solid, but I'm struggling with the bent arm straddle hold. When keeping legs compact, the level is quite right, but when I try to get to straddle, my hip raises way too high, and my upper body drops quite low. It's probably related to flexibility, opening of the legs feels a bit awkward at my hips. But it's good to be able to stay in the position for at least some time without supporting body with elbows. 

 

Any tips / what should I focus on here, gain more time without opening the legs, or try to find more level position with legs open?

chuchodani

You need to lean more in order to be able to hold that straddle, I think building more time in a position you can manage is better that trying to straddle, another good idea that I learn from a Forum member is to use elastic bands. 

Maugister

Thanks guys! Good advice