Muscle-up Contest: ASAP [As Slow As Possible]

Started by Jason Stein, July 27, 2009 · 23 Replies · 7,305 Views

Jason Stein

Friends,

My friend Xi Xia and I have been goofing around a bit with muscle-ups. Rather than doing a bunch of them AMRAP, as many rounds as possible, we thought it might be fun to try ASAP, as slow as possible, as a means to grease any and all sticking points.

We thought it might be fun to have a Slowest Muscle-up Contest. I will once again twist his arm to video some muscle-ups tomorrow, and anyone else is welcome to post the slowest muscle-up they can execute.

And, uh, no competitive gymnasts.

best,

jason

sasquatch

Now this is a interesting contest! :D

If I do any good muscle-ups tomorrow, I'll upload mine.

David Picó García

A week ago i posted a video with some trianing clips and there is a muscle up. It could be slower but i didn't know about this contest :P

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2353

(muscle up is at 45 seconds of the video)

Marlon

Heh, that sounds fun i might get in on this :D

sasquatch

Here's my ASAP muscle up...It has as much forward lean as you can get. lol

braindx

Former gymnast? :P

30s would probably be a good goal... 12s pullup, 6s transition, 12s dip

sasquatch
braindx said:
Former gymnast? :P

30s would probably be a good goal... 12s pullup, 6s transition, 12s dip

Put yours on, I want to see it!
Blairbob

Ya nearly chicken winged that MU, Sasquatch. Nevertheless, nice.

Richard Duelley

I think I am going to get in on this. I will borrow my roommates camera and film it today (if I remember). :D

Sorry, I didnt have access to the camera. . .my roommate got home after I went to the gym.

Jason Stein

Squatch

Nice one, mate!

I've noticed the dip portion of the movement is the easiest.

One of the values of this for me is largely mental --- slowing down the transition part again and again has really increased my sense of stability.

Looking forward to seeing more. It's also a good way to get to meet and see people, too.

I'll try to post mine later today.

best,

jason

Joshua Naterman

Holy crapoli! That's awesome, sasquatch! I am jealous :P

Marlon

Alright, here's my very very slow muscle-up

fzkYctW6AVk

sasquatch
Marlon said:
Alright, here's my very very slow muscle-up

fzkYctW6AVk

:shock: .... Amazing!

Joshua Naterman

O_o wow. :shock: How tall are you and what do you weigh, if you don't mind me asking?

Coach Sommer

Nicely done, Marlon! Even the transition was done very slowly and smoothly.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Razz

That was sick Marlon! :twisted: :twisted:

Marlon
slizzardman said:
O_o wow. :shock: How tall are you and what do you weigh, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm 6 feet tall, and right around 185 lbs.

Joshua Naterman

Nice. That's outstanding!

Marlon

Thats sick Xi Xia! that transition is insanely slow :shock:

Timy7

Awesome stuff.

irongymnast

Wow Marlon's is very good.

This is the best I've ever seen (I saw it on beastskills):

Perfect.

Castleclimber

Heya everyone,

Here's my slow muscle up video:D

tUaTLWbIXYQ

irongymnast

Impressive!