This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Workout Routine Comparison & Comments

Started by pistol33, March 8, 2008 · 4 Replies · 1,128 Views

pistol33

Heres my routine, tell me any weakness it may have

Day 1: Pistols, 10 sets@ 25lbs; Bodyweight Hamstring Curls 5x5; Sprints

Day 2: Pullups(80lbs 5-9 sets of 5) One arm come downs(15 sets of 2) Front lever hold for 3 minutes, broken up

Day 3: Weighted dips(5x5 60lbs) Handstand pushups(10x2) Rings handstand hold 3mins, Dumbbell press 140

Day 4: Full 180degree leg lifts @ 15 lbs 9x5 and L&V sit holds, Standing wheel 5x5

Day:5 Rest

Day: 6 Repeats

I dont do this exactly but these are the exercises I do the most

George Launchbury

Hi pistol33,

I'm not an expert, but I'll try and help.

As you may have read elsewhere on the forum, advice often given involves mixing push and pull together in your workouts being more effective. This could be either pairing up two exercises in a superset fashion, or alternating them. Also, not focussing too much on a single movement in each session, i.e. spread pushing exercises over multiple sessions.

I'd probably put another rest in the middle as well, like the Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri structure advised by Coach. Recovery is as important as work, if not more so. You don't want to get injured.

Looking at your strength levels, I'm surprised there's no Planche progression in there, especially as you mentioned on another thread that you were starting working on it again? Maybe there's a reason for that, but it's a good pair for the Front-lever.

Hope some of this helps.

Regards,

George.

pistol33

Forgot to put that in, planche is usually done on the front lever day

i think ill start mixing it up like you said as ive heard that before but never really changed what i did

Ortprod
pistol33 said:
Heres my routine, tell me any weakness it may have

Day 1: Pistols, 10 sets@ 25lbs; Bodyweight Hamstring Curls 5x5; Sprints

Day 2: Pullups(80lbs 5-9 sets of 5) One arm come downs(15 sets of 2) Front lever hold for 3 minutes, broken up

Day 3: Weighted dips(5x5 60lbs) Handstand pushups(10x2) Rings handstand hold 3mins, Dumbbell press 140

Day 4: Full 180degree leg lifts @ 15 lbs 9x5 and L&V sit holds, Standing wheel 5x5

Day:5 Rest

Day: 6 Repeats

I dont do this exactly but these are the exercises I do the most

dumbbell press 140? is that pounds total, reps or a single dumbell? I am guessing you are using two 70LBers.

pistol33

yeah the 70s

not quite at the 140s yet