Handstand form check (Coach?)

Started by Austin7, February 8, 2015 · 6 Replies · 1,355 Views

Austin7

     Background info:

  • I have H1 and have completed all the PE's. (Started 12 months ago)
  • I've been able to hold free standing HS prior to beginning H1.
  • These are not my max holds, but holds I felt were long enough to distinguish if my form is acceptable.

       My main question is...

  • Are my shoulders demonstrating enough mobility during the hold?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Sometimes a little lttle pike but for me is very good, really, to demonstrate your shoulders active mobility you can evaluate you ability to hold the 30'' of the last PM. I hit my 2 minutes hs on the previous saturday but i'm struggling with the Pm where I'm at 23 seconds now. I'll suggest it really a lot, die with it, you will have enormous carryover on press to hs.

Austin7
alex87 said:

Sometimes a little lttle pike but for me is very good, really, to demonstrate your shoulders active mobility you can evaluate you ability to hold the 30'' of the last PM. I hit my 2 minutes hs on the previous saturday but i'm struggling with the Pm where I'm at 23 seconds now. I'll suggest it really a lot, die with it, you will have enormous carryover on press to hs.

As you reached the two minute mark, did you notice if the "swaying" during the HS dissipated? I tend to "sway" when I constantly think of making the line straighter. Although if I relax a bit in the hold, I notice I am a lot more solid.

MrPuppeh

I wish I could do a straight freestanding HS :(

Alessandro Mainente

Yes as you take confidence, I can say about around 1 minute of hold everytime you want, the line will be not a problem, you will do only small corrections but generally you will find the most efficient position in therms of energy.

clincher

How was your form before starting to work with H1?

 

Your line is looking amazingly solid to my amateur eyes. Has H1 mostly helped with mobility and in turn improving your form?

 

Apologies if this thread isn't the place to ask, but I think it would benefit other people if you answered publicly.

Austin7
clincher said:

How was your form before starting to work with H1?

 

Your line is looking amazingly solid to my amateur eyes. Has H1 mostly helped with mobility and in turn improving your form?

 

Apologies if this thread isn't the place to ask, but I think it would benefit other people if you answered publicly.

H1 is definitely worth it.

Prior to H1....

  • My wrists would always be fatigued around the 30 sec mark. 
  • I tended to pike a lot more due to closed shoulders
  • I had no understanding of Posterior Pelvic Tilt.

H1 has now made my wrists feel unstoppable and it is realy well thought out in terms of getting you ready for freestanding handstands.