Handstand form check

Started by RingMax, February 7, 2015 · 9 Replies · 1,522 Views

RingMax

I dont know how long I can hold it. I want to nail perfect form before I start building volume.

Unfortunately I don´t have enough money to buy H1, because I just got a set of new gymnastics rings (after using crappy oversized wooden rings for ages...)

Please give me a honest feedback!

Cheers

 

post-14165-0-83081900-1423331918_thumb.p

Alessandro Mainente

The problems you have are only a consequence of poor mobility. you can choose to look for the GST challenge on facebook for handstaand  . for sure I suggest you so save some money for H1.

RingMax

Could you please outline the underlying mobility issues. This would make it way easier for me. I already worked the Facebook Handstand drills. Which exercises would you make me revisit in order to fix the problem?

Thank you in advance.

chuchodani

I think the PPT drills section and shoulder mobility with the towel or stick.

Joshua Slocum

Yeah the PPT and the stick drills should both help quite a bit. 

RingMax

Now I worked on specific PPT and Shoulder opening drills (including the HS-Challange drills). Does it look better now? I guess I am still lacking some PPT, however this is the most PPT I can maintain in a Handstand. I am looking at the floor because as soon as I change my head-position to completely upside down I feel like passing out. At some stage my nose will start bleeding in a head completely upside down position. That´s why I look at the ground.

post-14165-0-54274700-1423584513_thumb.p

Joshua Slocum
RingMax said:

Now I worked on specific PPT and Shoulder opening drills (including the HS-Challange drills). Does it look better now?

Keep in mind it might take a lot more than a week's worth of work to perfect your handstand line. 

RingMax

I am aware of that. I am not expecting my Handstand to be perfectly alligned yet. I´ll just try to perform it as good as possible. Staying consistent is the key to mastery and progress comes over time...

RingMax

Just a quick update on my Handstand:

I worked on the recommended drills and did some stomach to wall handstands.

What to you guys reckon?

As always: Sorry for the horrible quality of the picture...

 

post-14165-0-27661800-1424101366_thumb.p

chuchodani

Look straighter and shoulders looks more open. Keep up the good work