This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Breastbone pain from sPL SE1 iM (bent arm sPL) + getting extremely hopeless frustrated

Started by VegVeg, February 6, 2015 · 3 Replies · 226 Views

VegVeg

Well title sums it up, i get some weird pressure / pain after I come down from the exercise (lasts for like 3 seconds)

 

I tried resting for a whole week and the pain is still here (+ lost some strength :( ) what can it be?

 

 

 

+

Before foundation I was thrilled for first achieving my first full lay front lever, had a back lever , tuck planche etc... But now it seems that after so much time repeating the same exercises again and again that progress is almost non existent , needless to say that I can't even hold a straddle front lever... It just feels like a rollercoaster that goes up and down but mainly on average the direction is down.

 

 

What gives?

I am a young male , getting enough food, enough rest , tried deloading, pushing myself hard etc... It just won't work and after about a year and a half I am getting some serious doubts...

Jeremy Huston

I assume you mean sPL/SE1>iM.  How long are you holding the IM?  How long have you been working on it, etc.?

VegVeg

Sorry for the delay, am on final exams.

 

I am holding it for 10 seconds, trying to perfect the form (attempting to be far enough from the floor and parallel )

 

been working on it for a few months I guess...

 

 

I also feel like I am not warm enough for this exercise usually, could anyone recommend of a well rounded time efficient warm up for these?? (the earlier PE's don't quite do the job, neither do regular push ups)

markp

Hi VegVeg,

 

In order to warm up for this exercise, you can hold the bottom position of a pseudo planche pushup (PPP). By varying how far you lean forward you can regulate the intensity during the warmup. Do a few 10 second holds of those at different hand positions before doing the bent arm SPL holds and you should be fine.