This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Does it count as mastery if you change the order?

Started by ausswe, February 6, 2015 · 5 Replies · 197 Views

ausswe

Hej everyone,

I have been struggling with rc ATM and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't going anywhere.

Today I got fed up so instead of having rc near the end of the session I made it the first exercise. I was limited on time so no warm up, yet I still banged out 5x5 easily.

Does it count as mastery if I only got it because I put the exercise first instead of last?

Doing f7 ATM and loving it. Saves time in the end rather than doing 4 day split and I feel like overall I am getting better gains now.

Cheers

Jon Douglas

I say yes, because I treat them as distinct and have been known to do am/pm splits if timings demand.

I may be corrected of course :) but to my mind if you demonstrate it you demonstrate it, best to move on

Murray Truelove

I hope so!

ausswe

Well that's good news.... Doing it this way makes a huge difference... I'll probably master a few things now!

One more question:

Does it count as mastery if you do hbp pe3 without a furniture slider? Because without a furniture slider I don't see how it is possible to go straight up and down because of the angle of your body to the ground.

Because even pushing straight up and down your head will be further back in the top position than the bottom.

I got mastery but decided to do them with a furniture slider for mastery which allows you to truly go up and down by sliding forward at the top position and back at the bottom position so your body moves up and down in a straight line. This set me back a lot but do you think it is worth it?

Cheers :)

Jon Douglas

PPP? I passed them without the slider but its def a useful tool. You'd want to have a lean that has you not too far away from PPP+ as you finish them, in an ideal world ( I'm talking with a mild swing to ba pl, not necessarily perfect ppp+). This may be a little above and beyond, but if you're doing ppp in front of me I want to see those feet getting damn light :)

If you are comfortable with them, I would consider maintaining a set of 10-21 as appropriate for warmup and moving on. Make them as advanced as you can, because it's going to be a while before you come back to horizontal pressing :)

ausswe

Alright so you are saying just move on now that I mastered them with hands just below ribs without the slider but keep a big set as warm up until I can almost reach PPP +?