This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2>iM form check & question

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, February 5, 2015 · 1 Replies · 130 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

This week I started practicing standing shoulder extensions. Here's a pic. I know there is a lot of work to do, if my goal is to bring hands at shoulders level. Anyway it's better to know some stuffs just from the beginning.

1. How about my form?

2. How should I keep my scapula? Retracted and depressed? Is it correct?

Thank you!

post-10847-142312326742_thumb.png

Richard Sassoon

Some tips, maybe massaging your pecs with a tennis ball can release some knots and help with the extension. You could also try to find another wider dowel and have the hands further apart. When you get to shoulder level then brings your hands closer and try again; keep repeating this process.

 

Scapula depressed and retracted is correct.

 

Joshua Slocum said:

Regarding scapular position of this movement: Coach Sommer confirmed on reddit today that you want depression and retraction: http://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/comments/2tknnm/coach_sommer_ama/co0eq1n?context=3