Hi All,
I'm still orienting myself with this one.
If you ignore the shaking, Is this line acceptable?
I feel like I nailed it at second 12, but I could be wrong.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Nash, February 5, 2015 · 10 Replies · 315 Views
Hi All,
I'm still orienting myself with this one.
If you ignore the shaking, Is this line acceptable?
I feel like I nailed it at second 12, but I could be wrong.
Not an acceptable position, I think
Your hips are piked a fair bit. I think this is not a surprise becuase the wall HS dictates that the hips must be piked, its a position you get used to. For freestanding, It's just going to take a bit of work to open them up, just watch out that the line of the lower back doesn't get messed up in the process.
Thanks for the input.
> Your hips are piked a fair bit.
To remove the pike, do I flex my abs more for more PPT, and flex my glutes to straighten my legs?
Hmm I'm afriad to say anything, generally I've realized that a lot of cues that work for other people don't work for me. I don't wanna make you think that a certain thing has to be done a certain way. But...in my experience, when my legs are piked like yours, I flex my glutes more to bring them back into line. I don't like to think about moving the actual leg back into line, since sometimes that will still leave the glutes soft and cause an arch in the lower back. Its the cue that works for me. I just suggest you play around a lot with different cues and see what you think works best to fix your line.
Guys,
Must the elbows be 100% locked in this one and proper handstand in general?
Or is it OK to do microbends in order to maintain balance?
-Nash
A segment from the Rebalancing section from H1:
Initially you will naturally (and incorrectly!) seek to save your balance by bending and straightening the elbows, back and hips, however your control will eventually improve to the point where you only need to make small minute movements with the hands
It seems like it's normal, but should be ideally avoided. That's my interpretation anyway.
i do have the same problem some times. for me it is necessary to flex the glutes as hard as possible AND to THINK about achieving a slight arch. my problem is that it feels more like an upside down hollow body hold so the piking comes naturally. when i think about arching i achieve a much better line (without phyisically arching). so what i am trying to say is: a perfectly flat handstand feels a bit arched for me but isnt, so i try to get that feeling.
i hope that makes sense ![]()
If you stop at 13 sed you can see that you are over flexing the shoulders. try to avoid it and focus on holding theweigth directly under the shoulders. I suggest a little bit of flexion.
This is a great improvement in the hips and legs! I do think you should start to ramp up the time.
Micawberian said:This is a great improvement in the hips and legs! I do think you should start to ramp up the time.
Thank you sir! I love this shit!