This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Functional Gyms in San Jose

Started by jhssac, February 4, 2015 · 5 Replies · 883 Views

jhssac

Fellow GB Athletes...I recently got a new job in Mountain View and am moving up from San Diego next week. I'll be living in Campbell (San Jose) area and am looking for new gyms at which I can work out. I find it difficult to find gyms that have rings, stall bars, functional equipment, etc. so I thought I'd go to the source to get some input.

 

Does anybody know of any good options in the West San Jose/Campbell/Los Gatos/Mountain View area? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Justin

Blairbob

There is a lot of gymnastics gyms in that area.

Airborne Gymnastics used to have CF. But what that means is they might be acceptable to have an adult train at their facility. I imagine the insurance would be for CF but it's worth an inquiry. 

While I have a buddy that is into GST in that area, I don't think his "Smash" Gym is outfited with the toys.

jhssac

Awesome, thank you for the suggestion. I'll look them up.

Giovanni Garcea
jhssac said:

Awesome, thank you for the suggestion. I'll look them up.

Please post what you find. I'm considering starting the GB curriculum in a few months and I'm curious to know what resources are available in the area, in case getting all the stuff in my little garage proves too difficult.

Devon Devine

Hoping to resurrect this 3 year old thread: is there any GST in San Jose area? (I'm midway through life and Foundations 1 and Handstand 1, in San Jose on business trips frequently).

Devon Devine
On 5/14/2018 at 7:40 AM, Devon Devine said:

Hoping to resurrect this 3 year old thread: is there any GST in San Jose area? (I'm midway through life and Foundations 1 and Handstand 1, in San Jose on business trips frequently).

The good people at Smash recommended Planet Granite, which appears to periodically have classes on rings and other things that GST people would like. I plan to check it out.