This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question about MN/PE4>iM

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, February 4, 2015 · 3 Replies · 93 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi!

Here's A question about standing weighted piked hang (MN/PE4>iM).

Is guess my goal is to bring hands below feet level, right? But what about bar weight? I mean, In the description it is written '45-95 lbs is a sufficient load'. Now, Considering my personal weight (116 lbs - 53kg) how much weight I have to keep in order to consider this element as mastered? Are 45 lbs, that is the minimum, sufficient? Or should I keep a higher weight?

Thank you!

Jeremy Huston

Too little weight and it won't be enough to assist the stretch.  Too much weight and you'll be too tense to stretch.  Start on the light side and gradually bump up the weight until you feel it working.  Ultimately this is more about the range of motion than the specific weight.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Jeremy Huston said:

Too little weight and it won't be enough to assist the stretch. Too much weight and you'll be too tense to stretch. Start on the light side and gradually bump up the weight until you feel it working. Ultimately this is more about the range of motion than the specific weight.

OK! Thank you Jeremy! For range of motion is it sufficient if I Overpass feet level or do I need to get even lower?

Thanks again!

Jeremy Huston

You need to match the form in the video -- so your wrists need to get to feet level.