This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation 1 for Coaching Development Boys

Started by Finnbar, February 3, 2015 · 0 Replies · 100 Views

Finnbar

Hi Guys,

 

I'm a young coach looking to start a boys' development group in a predominantly WAG club. I have had some experience coaching development level boys aged 7 - 12 with varying success. I have been following 

Gymnastic Bodies first with BtGB and then with the Foundation and Handstand programme.

 

My questions are:

 

  • Is Foundation 1 suitable for use with young boys beginning their journey into lower competitive MAG?
  • Is a 5 x 60s or 5 x 15r template optimal for this age group or should this be reduced (I remember a note regarding volume for the very young in BtGB).
  • From a coaching perspective, would you recommend having the whole group (6-12 gymnasts) work each progression together or allow some to move on at the risk of not being able to supervise closely all exercises.
  • Has anybody had any other experience coaching this type of group that they'd like to share?

 

I looking to start my UK CC L1 in MAG in the next 2 months, and would be setting up a class around this time.

 

I wanted to ask the same for Handstand 1 but I will leave this out of the F1 forum.

 

Thanks Everyone!