Hey GB!
So recently I did some max testing on Back Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift to get a gauge of my strength in "common measurements". I wanted to set a bar and see if my foundation training is pushing it. I had never tested Bench or Squat before, but my Deadlift was about the same as it was 9-10 months ago. It makes sense that it hasn't increased since I am on mostly the early elements of F1, which are more endurance-focused. Since I'll be at these elements for a while, I probably won't see huge gains in my 1RM Squat, Bench, or Dead for a little while, but I'd like to get a sense of how my general fitness is improving outside of my progression through Foundation.
I don't have a sport or consistent physical activity outside my F/H training, so I don't have a good gauge of how my fitness is changing (though I could compare myself to erg times from my rowing days). I've also never had any real mobility issues, so I do not have a comparison in that regard, either. The only thing I know for sure is that I am closer to a muscle-up than I used to be!
So I'm curious... in what fitness measures have you guys noticed improvements due to your foundation training?
Thanks in advance for your replies!
-NHC