This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2+iM check it please!

Started by HB_Ron, February 2, 2015 · 5 Replies · 289 Views

HB_Ron

Please check my form:

I know after a few reps I began loosing protraction at the top of the push-up. Is form good in the first reps?

Thanks in advanced guys!!  ^_^

 

P.s weight used: 8lbs 

Keegan

Form on the first few reps looks good to me.

HB_Ron

For some reason my waist is not in line or parallel with the body.. What can be fixed? I'm just not able to figure this out alone ! :huh:

 

post-8384-0-34260200-1424003573_thumb.pn

post-8384-0-42412400-1424003311_thumb.jp

Alessandro Mainente

Please look at the distance between ears and shoulders at both top and bottom part of movement, is different, this means that at the top (where is is decreasing) you are loosing scapular depression. hold a scapular depression will have an incredible carryover on planche stability.

Also you need to focus on 3 things more:

1-push youserlf up with shoulders and triceps

2-push yourself up while you are doing the point one.

this will result in a protracted position during all the movement

3- the body should starts on diagonal line. thinks about move your hips on the floor and not the shoulders. usually who approach the shoulder-to-floor movement is losing range of motion.

HB_Ron

Wow great advice here! Thank you very much Alex! I hope I understood correctly:

Focus point 1+2: Protraction should come by activating the shoulders and triceps during the concentric part.

Focus point 3: In push-ups, the hips need to be below the shoulders height. But in sPL/PE1(and other sPL progressions in F1) the body has to be parallel. Is that right?

 

I tried depressing the scapula amap..

Btw, should I get my hips even lower?

 

Thanks again :)

Alessandro Mainente

its better, understanding how to protract in the bottom part  will fry your brain  :D