This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2-Variations

Started by HB_Ron, February 1, 2015 · 5 Replies · 142 Views

HB_Ron

I need to understand if there're differences between these variations: foot pointed on the ground , foot flexed to the ceiling and foot pointed while only the heel touches the ground.

 

Is it beneficial to train all 3 variations? And in order to move to the next PE, should the 3rd variation,which is demonstrated on the course video, be mastered? Or am I free to train the 2nd variation, which I'm used to and feel more comfortable with?

 

Thanks!

Alexander Egebak

I usually go for the full ROM and balance, that is heel touching the floor and toes pointing towards the ceilling. But I cannot really tell since I do not have the same level of flexibility as you have.

 

Also, it seems like you have a minor balance problem; avoid swinging with your arms and instead slowly ascend with straight arms.

HB_Ron

I think the "minor" balance problem is due to lack of ankle&knee mobility. I realised my lower back was rounded. <_< Is it something that will be solved/flatten over time? 

Keilani Gutierrez

if you stick your butt out on the way down, yes.

HB_Ron
Keilani Gutierrez said:
 

if you stick your butt out on the way down, yes.

Yea I do it. And nice description for APT lol  :P

HB_Ron

A little update from yesterday's WOD.

Alex & Keilani I tried working on what you advised me for PE2. I still have a LOT to improve in the iM.

(I haven't received an answer to which variation must be or can be used, so I performed like the athlete from the course video..)