This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

increasing iM reps?

Started by Murray Truelove, February 1, 2015 · 6 Replies · 322 Views

Murray Truelove

I'm doing 3 sets of MN/PE1 for my warm up. I thinking about increasing the reps from 5 to 8 so the volume is similar to 5x5r. I'm currently slowly increasing the weight.

So increase volume, weight or both?

For other IM's that don't use weight should I increase the reps, for example swivel hips?

Thoughts?

Murray Truelove

-Bump-

Krel

My personal preference for MN/PE1>iM is to warm up before F7 & H1 with 2 sets of 10r (each side) while gradually increasing the weight over time :)I spend a lot of time sitting thus Windmills four times a week is mandatory.

(But I never warm up with MN/PE2>iM (Jefferson curls), which I always perform after F7 with 2 sets of 10r.)

Murray Truelove
Krel said:

My personal preference for MN/PE1>iM is to warm up before F7 & H1 with 2 sets of 10r (each side) while gradually increasing the weight over time :) I spend a lot of time sitting thus Windmills four times a week is mandatory.

(But I never warm up with MN/PE2>iM (Jefferson curls), which I always perform after F7 with 2 sets of 10r.)

I find windmills excellent as well. I take it you only do 2 warm up sets for MN? Why 10 reps and not 12 (5x5r being 25r and 2x10r only being 20 vs 2x12r being 24)? I appreciate your answer just wondered how you got to those numbers and how I can apply it else where. 

Krel

I don't have a "scientific" answer to this, I would say that it is just a matter of personal preference. I feel that 2x10r will be enough to continue to progress to 20kg Windmills without doing too much/getting injured during the warm up. But if you feel that you are comfortable with 2x12r (or even more) during your warm up, I see no reasons not to do it :)

 

I would say that the ceiling is where it decreases your post-warm up performances and where you feel that it is too much.

emilianop

For everything-IM that doesn't use weights, I always increase volume when I want to keep them in the warmup, or just play with them.

It might be me, but I tend to get better result when doing mobility at much higher reps than the course in general suggests.

I don't increase reps overall when I train them only because this would mean more recovering time for the strength drills, but when I do them "standalone" I typically do 1.5/2 times the reps.

Jacob Morsbøl

Is there a overlap between Jefferson curls (JC) and Windmills? If so, isn't JC superior to Windmills?