This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Time to start over

Started by old dude_1969, January 31, 2015 · 0 Replies · 131 Views

old dude_1969

I have to admit that I have been an ignorant victim of self programming and workout ADHD, as Coach Sommer calls it.  I have utilized the foundation programming (as well as many other inferior products out there) off and on for almost 2 years now and I must admit one thing.  Coach Sommer is absolutely correct in everything he  provides in his programming in the Foundation series.  

 

One thing is definitely certain..... Foundation must be followed as prescribed. That is exactly how I am going forward with the program.  No extra rest between sets, no momentum to get the last couple reps, no mediocre form, NO BS!  My ego is checked at the door and I am ready to put in all the work and leave the thinking to coach!  

 

I started a 4 day split today with HBP, FL, RC and sPL.  I was able to master PE1 with IM on all but RC. 

 

Tomorrow is MN, SL and SLS - PE 1 (testing for mastery on all).  

 

No matter where my programming starts, no matter how long each exercise takes, no matter how difficult it becomes, I am comforted by the fact that I am utilizing the absolute best gymnastics strength program available.  My only concern is to work my butt off and enjoy the awesome process!