This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Am I ready for MN/PE2-iM ?

Started by gohei_, January 31, 2015 · 5 Replies · 279 Views

gohei_

So here's the thing, I was able to work up to MN/PE2 a while back but then I realized that my hamstring flexibility wasn't really all that great so I've been on MN/PE1 for quite a few months now and I personally think my form in the windmill matches that of the athlete.

Now here's my question: I've been reading several times that you need to be able to sit in a 90 degree angle with straight legs and straight back until one can safely start proper pike work, and I can reach a perfect 90 angle both standing up and sitting down but yet as soon as I bend my spine (like in a pike) my lower back pops out outside of that 90 degree angle.

Are my hamstrings/calves not as flexible as I think they are or will this correct itself as I start working on the jefferson curls? I should say that I only feel the stretch in my calves and hamstrings when performing the JC.

 

Sorry for the long post.

Joshua Slocum

Post a video of your form in iM1 and iM2 to be sure. 

 

The Jefferson curl should help you develop more pike/calf flexibility. Just be conservative about increasing weight and ROM. 

Jeremy Huston

Go ahead with pe2 if you mastered pe1 and its Im. JC's are a weighted stretch unlike passively sitting in a pike.

gohei_
Joshua Slocum said:

Post a video of your form in iM1 and iM2 to be sure. 

 

The Jefferson curl should help you develop more pike/calf flexibility. Just be conservative about increasing weight and ROM. 

 

 

There you go. The weight for the barbell and the dumbbell is roughly 5 kg.

 

Thanks for your input as well Jeremy Huston.

Joshua Slocum

Looks fine to me.

gohei_

Well then, I'll guess I'll just move on onto PE2 then. THanks.