This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What's holding me back? Fl/pe10-im

Started by ausswe, January 31, 2015 · 6 Replies · 162 Views

ausswe

Hej everyone,

I am starting fl pe10 next week. I love those moments when you struggle with pe1-6 but then pe7-9 are mastered in a couple if weeks!

Anyway I decided the give fl pe10-Im a try yesterday to see how to do it so I'm ready next week and came to the conclusion that I can't do it..... I have no idea how toget up into that position... My forearms just slide backwards when I try and it's a struggle to keep my feet planted.... Any tips on how to so this one would be appreciated.

Cheers

Keilani Gutierrez

try a yoga mat. it's grippy enough to hold you in place while you press up.

ausswe

That won't defeat the purpose of the exercise at all? I thought it was due to being inflexible and I should e able to do it on any surface.

Michael Ho

I don't think so - go for it on the yoga mat. 

In the video the athlete is doing it on gymastics flooring and this is pretty grippy (i think)

Keilani Gutierrez
ausswe said:

That won't defeat the purpose of the exercise at all? I thought it was due to being inflexible and I should e able to do it on any surface.

I used to feel the same way about wrist pushups. a yoga mat or your designated workout space (some padding) is fine :) 

ausswe

I'm on carpet but I may as well be on ice it is so slippery....

ausswe

Thanks for the response guys I'll try on a yoga mat