This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Help with MN/PE2

Started by 5space, January 30, 2015 · 7 Replies · 234 Views

5space

I got through MN/PE1 no problems, but I don't have the mobility to keep my legs straight and bring them up far for PE2. I'd say my heels come 4 to 6 inches off the ground at most. Is this fine and I'll improve with the coupled mobility exercise? Or should I go back to PE1 and work on my mobility more? Or something else...

Jeremy Huston

Keep working on pe2 and mobility.

vinca_minor

I had the same problem, and have been working on pancake stretch and straddle compression to help with this (in addition to continuing through PE2 & im).   Starting on month two, and I've got another 30-40 degrees to go, but it's definitely improving.

5space

Awesome, thanks for the advice. Would it be a bad idea to do the MN/PE2 mobility on other days of the week as well?

 

Ready for the Stretching course to come out!! 

Iguanus
vinca_minor said:

I had the same problem, and have been working on pancake stretch and straddle compression to help with this (in addition to continuing through PE2 & im).   Starting on month two, and I've got another 30-40 degrees to go, but it's definitely improving.

What are you specifically doing for the pancake and for the compression?

Richard Sassoon

I have the same problems specially while keeping chest upright and not hunching...  I've been doing straddle leg lifts, circles, and holds in addition to pancake stretching. I do have a quite good passive flexibility, but my hip flexors are still week to lift my legs where they are supposed to be. My Jefferson Curls on the other hand are good, I'm now at 35% bodyweight on those and my hamstrings have been handling it well.

 

So, those videos might be helpful:

 

 

vinca_minor
Iguanus said:

What are you specifically doing for the pancake and for the compression?

For the pancake, I've been trying some of Kit Laughlin's stuff, and for the compression, just the thing where you sit with legs wide and try to lift the legs while pressing down on the floor.

Sean Hunter

Do some upper level mn>iM's after your training. 

 

Work your pancake.

 

Lead the straddle up from the Atlanto/Occipital Joint as opposed to the top of the head, chest, or legs.

 

These are the things that helped me.