Anything I should work on? Increasing the lean, I'm assuming but anything else?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by kimura, January 30, 2015 · 2 Replies · 149 Views
Anything I should work on? Increasing the lean, I'm assuming but anything else?
You look a little piked when you are in the top position, maybe your back is just a little arched. I would like to see a tighter PPT.
You're kind of doing a thing I see quite a bit; you're pushing your shoulders forwards but not 'spreading' at the scaps when you protract. Try rolling your shoulders forwards, over, and then clamping them down, before you begin the lean
see how the activation changes. For me it's the near-cramp in the pecs that marks it being done right. Depending on yourself this may or may not be an issue in developing a floor planche, but you save yourself a great deal of trouble by getting it locked in from the get-go ![]()
I will work on the PPT but I am actively focusing on it and I think it's as far as I can go, but I will definitely keep trying. I think I just have a big ass from years of squatting that masks the tilt lol but we will see. I also have been hyper-lordotic in the past so I will definitely work on it.
As for the scapula position: thank you, I will definitely work on that and post another video. I felt the pec tightness you talked about while playing with it in a standing position, I think I know what you mean!
The way I understand it we want to protract and depress as much as possible without letting the mid-back round, correct?