tuck planche critique/help

Started by Becca Buck, January 29, 2015 · 3 Replies · 1,717 Views

Becca Buck

Hello all! I just joined the forum, and I'm really looking forward to doing more GST! I was hoping I could get some critiques of my tuck planche (video link below). Am I doing this right? Suggestions for improvement? I can hold for about 5 secs on my hands, and about 10 seconds on bars. At what point should I start working on the advanced tuck planche? Thanks in advance! 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOFv-shtI-s&spfreload=10

Cole Dano

The most important issue is that you are not able to lock out your elbows yet. This is actually a defining feature of any kind of planche work, but it takes a lot of connective tissue strength in the elbow, which isn't developed overnight.

 

Unfortunately the only safe way to be able to do this is to start from the beginning with your planche work. Nothing wrong with playing around with tuck PL, and it's naturally self limiting, your elbows won't lock, because they instinctively know they can't handle the pressure...yet.

 

You'd need to start with plank work, focusing on locked elbows and move on from there, it's all detailed in the Foundation courses. 

 

Incidentally your tuck planche reminds me of mine a number of years back. I come from a yoga background where you see tuck planches looking like this all the time. 

J0X

As said your arms are not locked. You also need to raise your hips higher, so shoulders and hips are in line. Focus on maximum protraction and depression of shoulder blades and lean as far as possible.

MrAl

You are not locking your elbows and your knees stick out in front.