This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Intermediate step between FTP/SE3 and FTP/SE4

Started by Luzian, January 29, 2015 · 5 Replies · 161 Views

Luzian

I can do FTP/SE3 5x5 but I cannot do a single FTP/SE4. Could anyone recommend an intermediate step to build up the required strength for FTP/SE4?

jaz

1. Be sure to perform FTP/SE3 with strong PPT / no piking at hips

2. Perform FTP/SE3 with slow tempo - no bouncing

Stefano Baral

Try FTP/SE4  with the legs in a straddle position very open or with the hands on a elevate surface than the feet or both the two.

Joshua Slocum

Can you post a video of your FTP/SE3? It's possible you're doing something to make it easier than intended, without realizing it. 

Luzian

Thanks for your inputs jaz and Stefano, I'll try them both in my next training session. And thanks for the hint Joshua, I'll try to record a video and upload it.

Luzian

Here's the video: By looking at it I think that's what you meant by too much piking at the hips? Unfortunately the course video is not filmed from the side, so I cannot really see in detail how he's doing it. Any feedback is very welcome!

 

Video:

Password: ftpse3