This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What to do when mobility is superior to strength

Started by chuchodani, January 28, 2015 · 9 Replies · 295 Views

chuchodani

Hi everyone ! Finally I've bought the whole foundation series, I know that you can't move to another element until your mobility match your strength, but what if I'm in FL/PE5 but my mobility allows me to do FL/SE5iM. Thanks !

Christian

Then you celebrate :-)

And keep doing the pairings as in the program. The mobility is still your active rest.

Of course keep up the great mobility work after/before training.

chuchodani
Christian said:

Then you celebrate :-)

And keep doing the pairings as in the program. The mobility is still your active rest.

Of course keep up the great mobility work after/before training.

Ok, I'm going to put my bridge in my warm up.

Joshua Slocum

I don't think I've ever seen an official word on this. Personally, I'd say Christian's suggestion sounds good. Keep the intended mobility pairing, but if your mobility is more advanced, do some additional work on that. 

Coach Sommer

You may of course do additional work after the day's training, but you do not move forward on an element until both the element AND the iM have achieved mastery.

 

Foundation is designed to target your weaknesses, not your strength.  If mobility is a strong point for you, then you need to focus most of your efforts on increasing your strength.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

chuchodani
Coach Sommer said:

You may of course do additional work after the day's training, but you do not move forward on an element until both the element AND the iM have achieved mastery.

 

Foundation is designed to target your weaknesses, not your strengths.  If mobility is a strong point for you, then you need to focus most of your efforts on increasing your strength.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thank you Coach !

Kasper Stangerup

I'm in the same situation (flexibility and mobility have always been natural strong points for me), but I foresee a point where strength will limit my progress on the mobility excercises (particularly on some of the SPl elements).

chuchodani
Kasper Stangerup said:

I'm in the same situation (flexibility and mobility have always been natural strong points for me), but I foresee a point where strength will limit my progress on the mobility excercises (particularly on some of the SPl elements).

Something similar happens to me, I can do sPL/PE7>iM but not sPL/SE1>iM.

Kasper Stangerup

I've found that some of the HBP elements have helped a lot with bringing those iMs within reach. Beyond that, I plan on using bands to assist me until I am strong enough to do them properly.

chuchodani
Kasper Stangerup said:

I've found that some of the HBP elements have helped a lot with bringing those iMs within reach. Beyond that, I plan on using bands to assist me until I am strong enough to do them properly.

I was thinking about using some kind of diamond variation for the leg position in sPL/SE1>iM.