This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pain from WRS4

Started by shughes89, January 28, 2015 · 2 Replies · 114 Views

shughes89

Trying to get even close to the internal rotation of this stretch, without then sitting back as demonstrated, has left me with pain on the outside of my wrist for some time now.

 

Short term, what can I do to rehab? Long term, should I make this a static stretch going only as far as I can rotate inwards and gradually getting to full rotation before incorporating the sit back?

MT Nordic

always with any stretch take it easy and progress slowly.  with stretching, tremendous body awareness is a necessity or you can easily hurt yourself.  any program that avoids that risk will not give you progress, so it is vitally important you learn how to read your body.

 

as your wrist feels better and you are able to do this again, start with 1 arm at a time which is a little easier to get proper ROM with because your body will rotate away.

 

short term, consider ice (or contrast therapy) and rest the best tools.  certainly if it becomes a chronic issue then much more could be discussed for this, but assuming it just happened, rest, ice and avoid any aggravating exercises for a week or two.

BertieW

This one caused me a LOT of elbow pain, such that it ended up with a form of golfer elbow (to which I'm susceptible anyway). I now do it one hand at a time as MT Nordic says, which gives me a lot more room for rotation without pain