This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Drop in overall activity with GST program

Started by shughes89, January 28, 2015 · 4 Replies · 196 Views

shughes89

Hi everyone,

 

In short: I've skipped the mobility work for too long with weightlifting, and so I need to go back to basics and build this resilience I simply don't have.

 

However, cancelling my gym membership has really reduced my overall activity levels, and it's affecting my mood and sleep.

 

What can I do to fill the gap without affecting my progress? More volume on the easy progressions? More walking? Buy a skipping rope? Burpees? Just brainstorming.

 

Thanks!

 

Stuart

Joshua Slocum

Cardio work, such as running, swimming or HIIT, is a good idea. General sports activities, like soccer, climbing, tumbling, etc are good, too. 

 

If you're feeling like you're recovering really fast, you might try adding more days of Foundation and Handstand.

Jeremy Huston

Are you also doing Foundation or just Handstand?

 

If you have energy left at the end of your workout, you can do more activity like walking, skipping, burpees, or even weightlifting at a maintenance level.  Adding weightlifting is frowned upon until you're done with F2, but since you've been doing it pre-GB, you are probably OK.

shughes89

Saving up for F1!

Pafke

Running works better than anything, when i was injured 2 months ago i used to run every second day for 30-45 min (5-6 km). I never slept better then those days. :D