This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Push up position: elevated vs depressed scapula

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, January 27, 2015 · 1 Replies · 211 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

I realized that for planche work I've been focusing only to scapula protraction , but not about depression as well.

I read that as I am at the top of push up position depression implies To get shoulders away from head, elevation is the opposite movement.

I posted a pic trying to perform the two postures. At the top pic I elevate my scapula, at the bottom one I depress them.

I would like to clarify if in practice this is the difference that should be seen to my eyes between elevation and depression, as I am on push up position.

Thank you!!

post-10847-142235043016_thumb.jpg

Rayne-William

Yes, that is correct.
 

Scapula elevation is generally the top picture and scapula depression is the bottom picture.

 

When people typically do dumbell/barbell shoulder shrugs the range of motion is scapula elevation and depression.

 

ExRX.net-Joint Articulations