This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mastering dislocates

Started by MarcinTrybalski, January 24, 2015 · 5 Replies · 385 Views

MarcinTrybalski

Hey there  :)

 

I´m currently at HS/PE5 and wanted to know if i have to show the mastery width for dislocates in all 5 sets without any proper warm up before ? I actually need 2 sets of wider dislocates as some kind of warm up in order to finish the last 3 sets with the desired shoulder + one hand width. Thanks in advance for your answer.

 

Martin

Jeremy Huston

A reasonable warmup is acceptable and a good idea.

Richard Sassoon

Are you saying that out of 5 sets it's ok to have only 3 at shoulder + 1 hand width? I'm now on 2 such sets, while I keep increasing the weight on the PE. I have mastered it a few times already hehe

Jeremy Huston

No, all 5 of your work sets need to be at shoulder + a hand.  Do your workout as follows:

 

WRS 1-4

 

FTP, FKP, WR, WP with some warmup dislocates between sets, gradually loosening up and getting hands closer together.

 

5 sets of PE5 and IM, all 5 sets at mastery level.

Richard Sassoon

Ok, thanks! I have been working on increasing the weigth on my shoulder extension (PE2/iM and PE4/iM) in between the wrist pushups.. maybe 3 sets of dislocates and 2 sets of shoulder extensions before starting PE5 could be fruitful.

Alessandro Mainente

Ideally you will reach a point where you do not need to much warm up to hit your max range of motion. for example i'm doing standing dislocate with 12.5 kg now but far more slow and controlled than before (about 15 to 20 sec each rep).

When I warm up I'm used to use a wood bar and in about 10 repetitions I reach the shoulders width dislocate. At this point you can consider a certain level of mobility mastered.

Talking about the weight. there is no final weight, strive to move on little by little, for example with IM8 I've reached 18 kg. more weight mean more shoulders control when you play with high impact and dynamic skills.