What are your favorite plateau busting protocols?

Started by JL, July 22, 2009 · 0 Replies · 1,960 Views

JL

Feel free to give specific examples. I'm relatively new to bodyweight only training, so I haven't had enough time to really discover what works best for me. I've learned that changing exercises has to be done carefully due to specificity. Upping the volume, without an increase in frequency, has helped me break barriers in dips. However, once I cut back the volume, the gains went away, even when the reps per set were higher than before. On other occasions, like with planche leans, I was seemingly stuck for a month. Then, one day, I broke through it with no change in training methods.

How do you decide when to continue what you are doing, or change it up?

If you determine change is necessary, what is your standard order of attack?