This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Need your help with Tuck Jump handstand.

Started by Konstantin Nikkari, January 24, 2015 · 5 Replies · 120 Views

Konstantin Nikkari

Hi guys,

 

I need your help with my tuck jump hand stand. I don't know why it is so hard for me, am I not flexible enough, afraid of the wall? First I tried to do it against the wall by that was a big fail. I though that a bar will help me so I changed the place. Please check the video and give me some advices how to train it. This is a part of GB handstand challenge.

 

 

Thanks!

jules

You are not 'stacking' the body properly. Just like putting boxes on top of each other, you need to put each body part on top of each other as you jump.  

 

Looking up from the ground with the lowerbody, you have the Feet, then hips, then shoulders.  In a handstand, you have hands, shoulders then hips, all stacking on top of each other to make a straight line.  

 

When you are doing the tuck jumps, you are not putting the shoulders over the hands first (and then the hips). You are only focussing on the hips. (Look at your shoulder angle, it does not reach 180o).  You need to think about the shoulders opening all the way before the hips get to the top. I dont think your flexibility is a problem ( if you look at your very last try). 

korija

i would recommend completing the foundation first, then the handstand series and you will be ready

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

just kidding i think ^nailed it

Cole Dano

How are your regular kick ups? If they aren't solid then start there.

 

You can try to feel the tuck position by kicking up normally and then tucking down.

 

Technically you are letting your shoulders collapse forward (planche) and/or extending your legs too soon. You need to first just get the hips over the hands in tuck position, don't worry at all about extending yet.

Daniel Burnham

What cole said. Don't try to extend your legs.

You should focus on opening the shoulders first. Go grab a bar with a weight (5-10lbs total) on it and sit cross legged on the ground with it in front of you. Lift the bar from the ground with straight arms and a handstand width grip and extend it over head. This is the motion you should be doing in the jump.

Basically open shoulders instead of extending.

Konstantin Nikkari

Thank you for this great support! I'll try these things immediately tomorrow.

 

Here is my regular kick up

 

and the rest of the handstand videos https://vimeo.com/konstantinnikkari