This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE13 question

Started by falconpawnch, January 23, 2015 · 4 Replies · 168 Views

falconpawnch

Hi, in the past while training front lever I always made sure to stay retracted as it was the indication given, in this PE we should be protracting actively? Also I'm asking because on later PE's after this it also says we should be protracting, how's this?

Krel

Shoulder blades should be depressed and neutral/slightly protracted. It has been well explained by Joshua.

 

Joshua Slocum said:

Shoulder position should be neutral or slightly protracted. However, in order to maintain that position against the pull of gravity, you have to pull as if you were retracting.

Rayne-William

Do your best to maintain a Posterior Pelvic Tilt. Rolling your shoulders forward helps keep your scapula some what protracted. 

 

 

After at least five months with this particular PE, I will be finished with it in at least three weeks.

falconpawnch

You found yourself unable to complete it in 3 months? was it something you struggled with?  

Rayne-William

No, it isn't something I am struggling with. It is just something I am working on a little bit longer to allow my body to develop stronger tendons. 

 

I worked on RC/PE6 a little bit longer also