L-seat dip

Started by colcio, July 22, 2009 · 5 Replies · 5,380 Views

colcio

HI.Can anyone show me corectly done l-seat dip,I kind of have a hard time finding any videos.

I tried to do it but as soon as my elbows come close to 90 degrees angle my legs are droping down, apart from that I feel my shoulders working more than triceps.What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

David

braindx

Like L-MUs on rings the bar needs to be approximately 2/3 of the way from the knee to the hip (closer to the hip). Hands need to be forward to counteract the forward sag of the legs (thus centering your mass over your hands).

colcio

Hi thannks for answering. How about the P-bars ? can it be done there? If i keep my palms in front and turned in like for bulgarian dip ,It's ok, when i try to do it on P-bars, there's the hell of the tension coming through my shoulders and neck, I can't feel the triceps, on top of that legs are dropping down. I would think It's not the hardest exercise but still can not find any video of any one doing it on P-bars.

Thanks

David

braindx said:
Like L-MUs on rings the bar needs to be approximately 2/3 of the way from the knee to the hip (closer to the hip). Hands need to be forward to counteract the forward sag of the legs (thus centering your mass over your hands).
braindx

Yes, it's doable on Pbars. And yes, it's harder on the triceps.

L-sit progression with dips is not one that needs to be developed along with gymnastics strength so that's why you don't see anything of that nature. It's better to develop ring dips into ring turned out dips... and other isometric progressions.

Blairbob

Yeah, I've done L dips on PB and it's possible. I don't think I've ever tried it on rings. My L-sit on rings is a tad low and isn't as good as PB.

Coach Sommer

This movement, PB Russian dips in an L-sit, is explained on BtGB, pg. 70.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer