This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Questions on Foundations integrated mobility exerecises.

Started by RuneRahl, January 22, 2015 · 2 Replies · 184 Views

RuneRahl

Hello all,

 

I was wondering about what and how exactly you are supposed to perform the integrated mobility exercises in F1. 

 

For example the iM for front lever one: the cat cow. I can perform this very easily and I don't have any difficulty with it, but I do have difficulty with its main exercise the bent hollow body hold. So I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong. Should I be exerting the stretches until I feel tension and hold it? Or should I switch from each point to point quickly? And how long of a rest should I have in between each exercise, (i.e. front level exer. and then straddle)? 

 

One of the main points I think is the problem is that I have decent mobility and low enough bodyfat, but not enough muscle (especially in my core) to perform all of the reps. of the main exercises. If that is the case would I benefit from some bodyweight crunches or L-sits?

 

Rune

Jacob Morsbøl

If you have have not shown that you master both the strength part and the mobility part of a certain element, you have not shown mastery. Hence, you should not move on before you have shown mastery in both the strength and mobility part. This, I believe, is one of the main points in the program concept of the Foundation.

 

If you only struggle with either of the two parts of an element you should stick to that element. This mean keep doing a mobility drill even though you find it easy.

 

Of course you should make sure your form and range of motion (ROM) for the exercise is correct.

 

Regarding the rest between each element. This is tough I think. You should try to keep these breaks as short as possible. I rest only enough for a sip of water and setting up equipment (like getting a dumbbell for Xiaopengs or a box for sPL/PE3-im).

Joshua Slocum

Adding in crunches or L-sits is unlikely to help. You're already hitting your core pretty hard with tuck-ups and bent hollow body hold. More core work won't make you stronger faster; it'll just make you take longer to recover.