This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Joining training days

Started by Mr.Sables, January 22, 2015 · 3 Replies · 108 Views

Mr.Sables

Hello dear GB-community!

 

First a brief introduction of my athletic experience. My main objective is to be able to defend myself if I am in danger. That's why I started Kickboxing and Boxing some years ago. 2-3 times a week I'd add an additional body-weight training hour which consisted of long sets of dips, push-ups, chin-ups, pistol squats etc. For instance: 5x 15rep for each with 30s rests. I gained over three years ~15kg of mass. Start: 1m67, 50kg and actually 1m70, 60kg. However, I reached the 65kg mark some months ago and due to a serious illness I lost 5kg. I even gained more strength and endurance but not as much as I first expected. 

However, my objective is not mass but power, not aesthetic but strength. And I believe the foundations series will perfectly help me to achieve personal satisfaction. I decided to devote the next 3-4 years to the mastery of F1 to F4 and H1 to H2.

Right now I am testing my levels of mastery for each PE and I already started the 12-week-cycle training for some of them ( I am really weak at SL)    

I have some questions about the routine, I searched them in the forum but couldn't find the needed answers. 

  1. Can I merge two training days of Fx in one day? For example: I do FL, sPL, MN, SL and the rest in the same workout unit? Is it somehow advantageous? And if yes, is there a specific order I should respect?
  2. Can I train Fx and Hx in the same day? FL, sPL ... + WP, WR,... HS and pHS? Is it counterproductive? 
  3. I don't know why, but my performances for HBP are great enough to start directly with F2. Each workout day I checked my mastery for all preparatory elements of this exercise and it seems that the level I still need to master is in F2 and not in F1. Is this ok? Should I just continue? 

I would be very thankful if you could help me further. 

 

Thanks from Europe ;) 

korija

Yes its called f7, lots of people do it including myself. I would suggest doing the exercise order from your hardest to easiest.

And no. I dont think you can even do HBP pe1 mastery, but maybe im wrong, show us some vids!

Joshua Slocum

Sometimes people are much stronger in some areas than in others. If you've demonstrated mastery of an exercise (five sets of the exercise and the iM, with perfect form and no rest), you should move onto the next one, regardless of where you are in other exercises. 

Alexander Egebak

Pushups look so easy but are suprisingly hard when you look at them into details:

 

- Maintain posterior pelvic tilt, straight body line

- Shoulder blades protracted which puts enormous stress on serratus anterior.

- Arms placed right below shoulder, no elbows flaring.

- Etc.

 

My push ups went from 100+ to 12 when I max out right now.