This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Workout schemes

Started by Alexander Egebak, January 22, 2015 · 6 Replies · 160 Views

Alexander Egebak

I am currently doing F7 mon/wed/fri (not H1) and have been doing that for some time now, but as of lately I fear my recovery ability is taking hits.

 

I have trouble building reps in HBH PE 2 and FL PE 2 2nd cycle and experiencing big swings in performance. After considering diet, sleep patterns etc. I could not find any major flaws.

 

Is there a significant difference in doing F7 3 days a week and doing the split 5 days a week? Somehow I expect the later to be the hardest, but the volume is greater with F7 3 days a week.

 

I would like some clarification on the difference of impact in recovery ability doing the normal split and the F7 too, assuming the over all volume is the same.

Ravn

Kudos for being able to do F7 in the first place.

 

I can't, the quality on the last exercises in the set just gets too poor, and the workout takes too long.

 

The very thought of doing negative hanging leg lifts, negative striaght arm body lever and windshield wipers in one session gives me the creeps.

Jeremy Huston

Remember, you get stronger by recovering not when you're in the gym. Consider dropping the Wednesday workout and only do f7 2x per week.

Joshua Slocum

The only good way of knowing how different schedules will affect your recovery is to try them! 

 

Start at the low to middle end (e.g. 4-day cycle or F7 2x/week), and try it for 4-8 weeks. Then adjust up or down depending on how it makes you feel. If you're feeling beaten down, drop to the 3-day cycle. If you're consistently itching to work out the day before your next scheduled workout, then try moving up to the 5-day cycle or F7 3x/week. 

Alexander Egebak

Okay thanks.

 

To follow up on my last question if anyone is able to answer it: "I would like some clarification on the difference of impact in recovery ability doing the normal split and the F7 too, assuming the over all volume is the same"

 

I might get H1 in the nearest future. Doing H1 and F7 with 2 of each workouts a week - would that be more or less intense than F7 3 times a week? Considering I most likely am starting from the very beginning because I have very little ability to position myself head down, feet up...

Joshua Slocum

Again, the only way to find out the difference between F7 2x/week and the 4-day split is to try both. Different schedules work differently for different people. 

 

With regards to H1: I'd start out with H2 2x/week on top of either the 4-day split or F7 2x/week. H1 won't interfere much with recovering from F7; this schedule is much less intense overall than F7 3x/week. 

Alexander Egebak
Joshua Slocum said:

Again, the only way to find out the difference between F7 2x/week and the 4-day split is to try both. Different schedules work differently for different people. 

 

With regards to H1: I'd start out with H2 2x/week on top of either the 4-day split or F7 2x/week. H1 won't interfere much with recovering from F7; this schedule is much less intense overall than F7 3x/week. 

Thank you, that was helpful!