This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 and HBP/PE3 together + question

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, January 21, 2015 · 4 Replies · 147 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi!

I've been practicing pseudo planche push ups, But since three weeks I reached to perform planche leans too. First I work on planche leans, and then I moved to pseudo planche push ups.

I'm realizing that I get too tired for last sets of pseudo planche push ups, so I lose protraction and form is not good as I wish.

So My question is:

1. Could planche lean work get me too tired , so that I find pseudo planche push ups more difficult to perform because of accumulate fatigue? Currently I'm performing 5*18 sec of planche lean, and then 4*10 of pseudo planche push ups.

If I perform lower sets with perfect form I think it will be much better, isn't it?

2. Another question for pseudo planche push ups. What about hands placement? I put them at 45 degree outwards. Is it better if I place them outwards at 90 degree, or is it up to my choice?

Thank you!

Duff

1. Sure. Take more rest time between the two exercises if you need it. You can always reduce the rest later, when you hit the numbers.

 

2. It's optional, as longs as it isn't hands backwards because of the greater strain on the biceps at the top. ~45 seems most comfortable.

Jeremy Huston

#1 - They're definitely related.  If it were me, I would do them on separate days or reverse their order in the workout.  Let sPL/PE5 progress take the hit for a while.  Once you achieve mastery on HBP/PE3 you can move on to the dip sequence.  The interaction between dips and sPL sequence is much less.

 

#2 - Course video has 45 degrees.

korija

Are you doing them back to back? if are, change the order

Alessandro Di Sanzo
korija said:

Are you doing them back to back? if are, change the order

I think I will follow Jeremy's suggest. I start with pseudo planche push ups work , once I finished it I move to planche leans, maybe lowering a bit my hold time sets, or rest more.