This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

knee mobility

Started by Jaromir Stopka, January 20, 2015 · 15 Replies · 685 Views

Jaromir Stopka

Hi folks,

Pls I need some advice.As you can see on picture there are two persons doing squats.One of them is me [ that bad one ] and second one is my friend.My friend had many knee`s injuries but instead of me he is able to do this range of mobility.Would someone give me some tips how to extend my knee mobility PLs?Without this proper mobility i am not able to move to futher progress in my SLs training.

Thank you very much

 

Erhardt

post-11616-0-90644200-1421764229_thumb.j

post-11616-0-28651800-1421764241_thumb.j

piotro

As coach said.

Besides that, spend some time daily in squat position, 5mins or more (just at beginning watch carefully when your body tells you it is too much, as it as well may be less than 5mins), try to move a bit in squat position (sides, front) keeping your feet fully on the ground, feel free to keep your feet bit wider (than in the pic, up to shoulder width). Stretch calves; in fact it is good idea to stretch other muscles as well ;).

Joshua Slocum

Look carefully at the photo. To me it would seem that your principle issue is with *ankle* mobility. 

Jaromir Stopka

Thank you guys for advice..i`ll follow them.

Ravn

You look like you have to work on ankle flexibility, but it also looks like your femur is longer than your friend's (could be optical illusion), thus putting your centre of gravity towards your heels, making you tip backwards. Next time you see him, try to compare your anthropometry.

Coach Sommer
Jaromir Stopka said:

Hi Coach,

I am doing actually F2 but you can see picture of mine.

 

Did you begin with F1?

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jaromir Stopka
Ravn said:

You look like you have to work on ankle flexibility, but it also looks like your femur is longer than your friend's (could be optical illusion), thus putting your centre of gravity towards your heels, making you tip backwards. Next time you see him, try to compare your anthropometry.

Hi,

you are right his femur is really shorter than mine.

Jaromir Stopka
Coach Sommer said:

Did you begin with F1?

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Yes its all done apart from FL.All SLs exercises  were not really difficult till SLs SE2

Coach Sommer

The FLS iM exercises from F1 are what I am primarily concerned with.  Did you master all of those as well, or focus only on the preparatory FLS elements.  

 

If you mastered the iMs, please post video of same.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jaromir Stopka

I`ll check all IM exercises of SLS  F1 and review my skills.Then i am gonna post result here....thanks for helping me out

Jaromir Stopka

ok I checked once more all IM work and on thursday I`ll take video of it.Hope this helps.

Jaromir Stopka
Coach Sommer said:

Did you begin with F1?

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

yes I begun with F1 actualy its not getting better because i dont know what kind of exercise i am supposed to do to make it better.I just made brake in legs training over knee injury but now i am back.I wanna start training again but this mobility still kills me

~Atticus
Jaromir Stopka said:

yes I begun with F1 actualy its not getting better because i dont know what kind of exercise i am supposed to do to make it better.I just made brake in legs training over knee injury but now i am back.I wanna start training again but this mobility still kills me

I have similar body proportions for the femur and have similarly tight ankles, and if SE2 is giving you trouble, I would be very interested in seeing whether/how you mastered deck squats and Hawaiian squats. (Hint: It's all about ankle mobility.)

 

You really need to do A LOT of work on ankle mobility and I'd very strongly recommend you enroll in Front Split Stretching course to correct this deficit.

Keegan

With your current squat mobility I would really be surprised if you mastered SLS PE1 from the ground. Could you post a video?