Hi, I guess I know what the inevitable answer will be but just to be sure 100%. In IM part do I have to to keep elbows away from my body the same way as demo video? Is keeping elbows close is acceptable? Difference for me is at least few months of work just to flare out elbows.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
sPL/SE1 just double-triple checking
Started by RF_Guy, January 20, 2015 · 10 Replies · 175 Views
Your elbows don't have to be super wide. I'd take a photo of yourself doing SE1 both ways and post it here just to be sure, but if your elbows naturally like to sit somewhere that's slightly narrower than in the video, that's probably fine.
Thank you! That was so fast! I am just starting this level and wanted to make sure I am not working on something that is not a priority.
ooppss, just noticed I did not mention that the question was actually about IM exercise. Sorry.
Oh, in that case yes they definitely have to be away from the body. You mustn't "cheat" by pressing the arms against the body to create friction.
thank you!
The light at the end of the tunnel is that once you master sPL/SE1>iM, the following bent-arm iM's are pretty smooth sailing [you have to work for them, but they're not quantum leaps in difficulty]
I just wanted to check on this one. Are we saying that there is no contact at all between the upper arm and the body? I tried this hold last night and it is very difficult to get no contact between the arm and the body. There is a small amount no matter how I try it.
I've found the same thing here, now I'm wondering if I "cheated my mastery." I surely wasn't resting on my elbows, but there was some light contact with my upper arms and lats. So there's not supposed to be any contact whatsoever?
I will wait for these questions to be answered. But I have a feeling the answer will be NO!
On the bright side day two was way easier. Even without elbows touching my ribs I was able to hold it 5 sec couple of times. Slow PPP with one leg bent and lifting second one once in low position really helped to find balance and engage proper muscles.
Yeah if there's a small amount of incidental contact it's not a big deal. There is only an issue if the contact is strong enough that it becomes a means of assistance.