This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What Are Your F1 Goals for 2015?

Started by Nash, January 18, 2015 · 23 Replies · 858 Views

Nash

My main goal is having a more aggressive strategy on mastering progressions. I rarely skipped workouts in 2014, but my progress has been below average. I think because I became passive at one point and just droned through the workouts without proactively forcing progress.

 

I mean c'mon! 16 months and I'm still on FL/PE3, sPL/PE5, SL/PE1( :angry:  :imad: ), SLS/PE4, MN/PE2, HBP/PE2, RC/PE3. HS1/PE11.

 

New strategy: decide on a workout that I want to master on which I'm stuck and give it more focus and attention than the rest. Try different techniques to master it until it's out of the way. Then move on the the next one.

 

What are you goals?

Alexander Egebak

Well, although it is not easily measured I would like to have a nice side split and pike accompanied by MASSIVE active compression in those areas.

 

Is your problem the lack of flexibility or is it strength?

 

I would want to learn to sleep in sPL PE5 and later PE6, currently I focus very hard on protracting and depressing along with feet positioning and ppt. Only thing that is not a problem are the wrists which are perfectly in place.

 

Jefferson curl should be OL bar + half a stone on each side within this year hopefully.

 

Hopefully I will have RC PE 6 down by the end of the year (being on RC PE 3 by now)

 

And getting that volume on normal pushups and later planche pushups.

 

I have a very slow FL progress where I am stuck on putting on more than 3 x 24r on bHBR, and I would like to end up at full HBH atleast.

 

ABH should be mastered very soon and hopefully ABR should follow.

Edgar Hernandez Celli

My main goal is woking on the shoulder flexión an by the end of the year be working on HS/PE5

Murray Truelove

Freestanding HS and the splits. This is the year of flexibility!

Sensei JP

Not Foundation, but 100% I want the splits.  I've wanted this for a decade, stretched on and off, and have gotten nowhere fast.  That changes this year ... and I would be a lot more confident in this prediction if a certain stretching program would be released at some point... not naming names or being impatient, gosh no, just saying ...

 

My GST goal is completely finishing F1.  Maybe not realistic, but dream big.

 

sPL and FL are both on PE5, and both should be mastered in the next month or so.  Easily on pace here.

I've done dips for years, and once I master PPP (PE3) I should fly through the dip exercises.

Manna Progressions are tough, but my martial arts history has given me very good active flexibility, so doable.  I hope.

SLS will depend on mobility.

SL has improved tremendously.  Getting to PE6 is optimistically possible.

RC ... okay, I'll be honest, just passing Hinge Rows will be an accomplishment.

 

Long term, I should be grading for my 4th-degree Blackbelt in 2017, and I want F4 finished by then.  Having that level of strength will make the grading easier, plus accomplishing a huge goal like this will just boost my confidence even more heading into it.  I have a constant counter on my computer: 867 days left.  Seems like a lot, but it really isn't.

 

 

jules

My goal is to complete Foundation 1.  

I'm recovering from a brain injury in 2013, and unfortunately still battling with exercise fatigue but we'll see.

Its a big goal, but one needs a big dream to aspire to :)

 

So far i'm cruising through all PE1's and have yet to hit a sticking point. Sooner or later it will come. :)

(bHBH and ABH are starting to become challenging!)

Nash
jules said:

My goal is to complete Foundation 1.  

I'm recovering from a brain injury in 2013, and unfortunately still battling with exercise fatigue but we'll see.

Its a big goal, but one needs a big dream to aspire to :)

 

So far i'm cruising through all PE1's and have yet to hit a sticking point. Sooner or later it will come. :)

(bHBH and ABH are starting to become challenging!)

I hope your recovery is quick Jules. Good luck.

 

 

-Nash

jules
Nash said:

I hope your recovery is quick Jules. Good luck.

Thanks!  I wish you the best too!

~Atticus

Nash, my goal is consistency of effort, regardless of what the outcome will be.

 

I could care less where I end up this year, but I'll care about how much effort I put into each workout, and how honest I am with myself as to my progressions.

Sean Hunter

Finish F1 for all elements. I only see MN being the thing that will hold me back. 

Nick Roy

Free handstand and completing up to F2 in all exercises

Keilani Gutierrez

I want to eat more. haha

Mike Kelly

I just want to get stronger, lose some extra weight, and say injury free.

 

I have been using a habit building/tracking app and website called coachme.me (used to be called lift).  I started a GB goal if anyone else wants to join in -https://www.coach.me/plans/346455

Jon Douglas

Finish Foundation, H1, H2 :)

Why aim low?

Bro'

By the end of 2015, I absolutely want:

- being out of F1 for all elements (should be doable, having mastered SL/PE2 just now  :) only obstacle could be RC/PE6, and I absolutely need to get out of HBP/PE2, but I'm confident that'll be done way before the end of year)

- full bodyweight Jefferson Curl (should be doable too, I just need to decide on my strategy)

- a freestanding handstand

- at least one party move, could be anything from HeSPU, bent arm PL, any final move, splits or anything else, I just need to be able to show a cool move when I sepak about the program.^^ I'm betting on HeSPU or bent arm PL.

 

By the end of 2015, I hope for many more things, though  :)

Jeremy Huston

I'm trying not to really set goals besides work hard and follow the progressions.  Too much focus on arbitrary goals in an arbitrary timeline has resulted in injury in the past.

 

GB Specific

  • Finish F1 on all elements
  • Get into the SE's for sPL, MN, HS (already there for SLS)
  • Bodyweight JC

Flexibility

  • Maintain and clean up -- pancake, splits, pike
  • Open up thoracic spine

Tricks

  • Back Limber
  • One Arm Elbow Lever

Other Strength 

  • Get back to pre-foundation squat, deadlift, clean and snatch
Krel

Current level :

 

F : FL/PE3 - sPL/PE4 - SL/PE3 - MN/PE2 - SLS/PE4 - HBP/PE2 - RC/PE3
H : WP/PE3 - FKP/PE3 - WR/PE4 - FTP/PE3 - HS/PE4

 

Foundation goals :

 

- Strength L0.5 by March (dat HBP/PE2 :lol:)

- Strength L1 by Summer 2015

- Strength L2 by the end of 2015

- Bodyweight Jefferson curls by the end of 2015

- 10-12kg Xiaopeng forwards and backwards by the end of 2015

 

Handstand One goals :

 

- 10kg standing weighted dislocate variations by the end of 2015

- Strength L2 by the end of 2015

Simon P

My goals for 2015 concerning GB is as a fellow poster said 

 

 - consistency of practice, effort and focus.

 - Setting myself up to succeed by making this system a part of what I do and implementing the tools and resources I need to make that happen (ie - getting some rings up at work, hopefully next to buy stall bars etc)

-Enjoy it! Involve myself with what seems to be a fantastic community in this forum. 

 

 

I am recovering from a wrist operation and have been slowly doing my rehab, reading up on here and messing around with some of the things I can do but am yet to start yet. 

 

2015 is the year I really give this a go, I've mentally committed to it and now my physio has just given me the green light to start. Fingers crossed the wrist is better and holds up

 

If I stick to the those goals then I know I will progress and wherever I end up is where I end up. It will be a vast improvement to where I am now. 

 

 

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Well, after I recovery from my shoulder injury I will start my journey to climb this mountain. My current strength levels are adequate but I'm lacking endurance (really lacking) which holds me at the beginnings - early midway of F1. Now my goals are pretty simple: go all the way up at least to F3 because I will not tolerate being at F2 (although I don't know what's there yet, lol). As for HS, I would be fine being somewhere on H2 course. The last but the most important - hoping to save money to attend a GB seminar as well (if the crew will come to Europe of course).

Simple and clear. Not easy though. Not even looking for an easy thing.

Nash

Another thing I started doing is recording my sets at the second where my form falters. 

 

Before, if say I had 5 sets, I would just end up with 5 marks (x, x, x, x, x), whereas now an x stands for a successful set and and for a non successful set I would mark the time or rep where form went bad, ie (x, x, 40 seconds, 38 seconds, 25 seconds).

 

This allows me to try and beat it at the next workout instead of being oblivious to micro progress.

 

 

-Nash

~Atticus

Some milestones worth celebrating: I completed RC/PE1 one week ago (after 13 months).

 

Today I did 23 consecutive hinge rows in my warm-up.  

 

I have decided to shoot for 30, and if I accomplish that, I'll aim for 40, like Alex does (which is a figure I couldn't have fathomed attempting less than 3 months ago!). 

 

Today, I also did 5x15 reps on HBP/PE2 (after 15 months).

 

Those two nemeses have finally succumbed to my persistence!

NoHiddenCosts

Nash, thank you for posting this topic. It has been nice to read about others' goals for the year!

 

I have two major goals for 2015:

1. Get F0.5 certified

2. Master HS/PE2>iM

 

The main obstacles in F0.5 will be ABH/ABR & Pushups/PPP, I think. No idea what is holding me back in HS/PE2>iM.

 

I will strive towards these goals by:

-Continuing to be diligent and consistent in workouts, as I have been this past semester

-Attending my first GB seminar

-Stretching the Shoulder Extension position profusely to train passive flexibility (maybe purchasing one of the stretch courses for this purpose)

-Trying to lift my arms behind my back throughout the day to train active flexibility

 

Good luck to all! Let's give it our best.

Simon P

A little off topic guys but I wondered if anybody could help me without having to make a whole thread for the question. 

 

I remember being able to print out my whole workout in a 7 day schedule, I did it the first week I started and for some reason I have no clue how to find that function again! 

 

Whenever I go to settings/weekly assignment, I can only print one workout at a time. 

 

I'm sure its pretty damn obvious but if anyone can give me a hand out there that would be much appreciated. 

 

Thanks 

Simon P

Haha, no problem! Just found it